Thursday, June 12, 2008

World tour - leg 3 - Europe






Copenhagen Denmark/Sweden Rock:
We only stayed in CPH - no gig - that is until we drove in and out of Sweden to play Sweden Rock friday night June 6th. We played to a RECORD ATTENDANCE CROWD! (33,000+)!
My son Shilo stayed with me for the whole duration (4 days) and took some great pics at the gig. There's also some good YouTube up on this one- Search 'Whitesnake Sweden Rock". I pulled Shilo out on stage in front of 33,000+ fans. He was so pro. We went to go see DIO at a small club, then hung out with old friend Marco Mendoza who was working in Copenhagen. Great times!

----

Helsinki Finland:
We headlined a festival (Sauna Open Air), which was 2 hours away in Tampare. I got to hang with one of my old Finnish friends (and fav bassists) Lauri Porra. Staying in Helsinki: I love this place! Went clubbin 2 nights in a row. The folks were MUCH friendlier than the Danes, who's nightlife consisted of drunk 18yr olds with their own agendas, and not much for conversation. Helsinki rocks... I think I'll go back! (pics on my myspace)

----

Iceland:
An immediate trip to the blue lagoon Left my skin feeling awesome, but my hair felt like shit (you're not supposed to dunk it).
The lanscape/scenery was f'n great! Lunar rocks and volcanic rocky stretches. No sunset though- well.. for an hour tops. Although the crowd was a little quiet at first, they were great by the end. I know it's hard times right now in Iceland, so I'm very thankful that we could sell out this 3,500 seater. Thanks for comin out! My roommate from back in Berkeley is Icelandic, and I got to hang with her into the wee hours with some other locals between the bar and a house party. Thanks Bryndis! (pics on my myspace)
5:30am lobby call... flight to Oslo...




1 comment:

Evi said...

Hey Uriah!!! you took my hand after the WS concert!! ;) I really enjoyed the show on 21.07.08 in Budapest/Hungary muah!! Evi