Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mid UK whitesnake-defleppard Tour update- Sold out shows!



Manchester: 13,000 21,000 (I stand corrected) watched me fall on my ass again. Decent show.

Belfast: Fookin grate! It was my first time in Ireland and we were only there for 24 hours. Shame. I did however flirt with a spicy redhead, drink an Irish Guinness, and purchase and learn to play the Penny Whistle. The Irish Half is comin' out! Now we're back in Manchester for a day off. David took us out for a wonderful band dinner (instead of us going to see Bon Jovi in the rain).
Next up: Sheffield, Newcastle, then London- Wembley Arena!

I've been getting on great with the Leppard guys. They were idols of mine before I started playing bass, and now we're drinkin and hangin buddies. This is a great double bill- I hope it goes to the states.


Manchester MEN Arena

My Van Gough moment: when you hold your bass up high to bring it down for dramatic effect, only to have it catch on your earring on the way down. 

9 comments:

Ian Faz said...

More like 21000 people watched you fall on your ass bro, LoL
You did fall very gracefully though !!
All the best, Ian

Ellen said...

Hey!!

Wonderful photos you've got! It's very nice to read your blogs. I hope you've got my photos I sent you from the Copenhagen gig :) I didn't copyright them or anything so you could have the "real" photos.

Anyways, wish you a great and rocking day tomorrow!! ;)

Hugs from Ellen :)

Emma Jane said...

Hey!!
What a show you guys put on in Belfast on Saturday night! It was absolutely AMAZING!! You guys are just so talented!! David was flippin hilarious and it has to be said that he does speak very true words, you are ‘too sexy to wear underwear!’ ;)
I can’t believe you were only in Ireland for a day!?! That is just far too short! But I know what you can do to fix that, after you have finished touring around Europe come back to Ireland and do another concert! Please Please Please!! I’ll be on the front row again!!
I hope the rest of your tour goes absolutely sparkling!!
Love Emma Jane xoxo
P.s. I checked out the video on your blog of you playing the bass!! I have never heard anyone play like that! It’s incredible!!xo

Asdis said...

Fantastic new header for your blog! How was Wembley Arena last night?

Anonymous said...

hi Uriah..former babysnake..now graduated to the sexy snake..lol!
Thanks for 4 fabulous shows in the UK..absolutely smoking..you rocked the arenas..by the time the first tunes of Here I go again could be heard..basically NOONE other then..sad gitttsss..remained seated!What a sight..all arms in the air for the Ssssnake!
See ya in Liverpool..be safe..and take care of that butt haha..luv from Tiara

hellfire said...

...amazing see u and the guys played in Newcastle, I was in uk just to see u :). Thanks for the fantastic show :)
cheers and hugs from Italy :)
/H.

Unknown said...

Ouch Uriah!! I mean... ouch!!! Enjoy the touring - my friends from Tokyo (a band named No Mercy!) are looking forward to seeing you all in October. You guys are sooo lucky!!!

Jess Harel said...

Ouch Uriah that must hurt a lot !!!!

Do you guys know a town in France called Poitiers ??? no ? i was sure :( nevermind ...
This town or France in general is on nobody's road ....
Keep rocking, love from France
Jess

Anita said...

Uriah:o)
How are you my friend....Remember me?
Hint: Blond, danish, San Francisco!!!!

Ok enough said......get back to me ok!!!
caliapples@gmail.com
Ps. Got lots of news.....