Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Introducing the new bass.





People, this is one of the best basses I've ever played. Maybe it just suits me. Whatever it is, it sounds great!
I believe there may even be a lil blurb coming out in a certain German Bass Magazine by the years end. I didn't build it from scratch- I merely customized an existing Fender to my specifications, and ended up with a monster. Take a look:


Uriah's new axe of choice:

"I play both 4 and 5-string basses equally, preferring the 4 if possible. This new bass is a tribute to a Fender Jazz bass I once owned that was stolen. It was a '98 Mexican Standard in sunburst finish. That bass was not only dear to me, but was also sonically superior to anything I had played- I'll tell you why. Over 6 years I had modified it just right to where anyone that played it fell in love with it. It even had bright blue Simms LED's in the neck, but most of all it had love. I used the bass throughout my career including my time with The Family Stone Experience (the reunion of Sly and the Family Stone, 2004-2005), and over 100 shows with Whitesnake from 2005-2006. Ever since it was stolen in late '06, I've been looking for the perfect 4-string for me. Re-building that lost bass myself ended up being the best option. This new bass was completed & customized by myself in September of this year." 
Here's a run down of it's features:

2004 Mexican Standard FMT Sunburst
All gold hardware
Hipshot Ultralight Tuners w/Xtender key
2nd String Tree
Bartolini Single Coil pickups
BadAssII Bridge
Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp

Why I love it:
You can play it delicately or pound on it as hard as you can, and it yields warm, stanky vintage Fender Jazz tones for funk, rock, or any style one may need. Look for it on tour this year with Whitesnake in Japan, Europe and the US in 2009.


1 comment:

Jess Harel said...

Impressive, is there one thing you can't do ??