Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ahhh.. Europe...




I'll be back to post more about it. Great fun. We got DRENCHED onstage in Sofia Bulgaria before 20,000 patient fans. I couldn't lose at roulette in Croatia- the land of rollerblading girls with painted-on shorts. The Albanians were very friendly, but we didn't get out much. Greece- a bit lonely but I took some great walks. I felt like a local in Romania- Great hangs. Turkey- where women rock stars rule! I had a Belgian Waffle in Belgium, but I've been told that it's just a waffle there. I got to hang with some old friends from the Bay at Grasspop (Testament). And my sincere apologies to all my german friends who were planning on a show today. We'll be back in November, so warm up the Gluvine for me.
I hurt my back pretty bad sleeping in a weird position- the Croatian gig was the hardest I've ever done. I'm paying for it now, but have 3 days to sort it out here in Cardiff, Wales. Ouch.
So the flight from Croatia to Cadiff was our last on our private jet- a 3+ hour night flight with inflight entertainment by iPod DJ Coverdale! What a blast. 



New Feature! Currently Enjoying in my 2GB iPod:
Joe Bagale (.com) 
Victor Wooten - Palmystry
Soulive - Steady Groovin'
Jill Scott Live
Sting - Ten Summoners Tales
BUDGIE! New to me... I love This Band!

6 comments:

Ian Faz said...

Nice to see the "Marshalls" on show again :)

Kayleigh said...

Great Stuff U, looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!

Thanks for keeping us updated on whats going on

Kayleigh xx

prima said...

hy guys! I just wanted to thank you on a great show in croatia, it was the night i will remember for the rest of my life... david was great as he always is, and the rest of the band, WOW, what to say...
p.s. david was completely right when he said that uriah is too sexy to wear his underwear... mmmmm!!!
I hope we'll see you again someday so that we could enjoy more in your music...
love you very much
WHITESNAKE ROCKS FOREVER

Sammy said...

Oh man, did last night rock, or did it rock!?

I went to book my tickets as soon as I heard Def Leppard were playing, and I didn't even know Whitesnake were teaming up with them until I was already booking :-)
I have to admit I'm a little out of touch - last time I saw Whitesnake play was in 1990 or thereabouts - and the band has changed rather a lot since then.

So I decided to so a little stalki... erm... I mean research, which led me here.

Just wanted to say, keep doing what you're doing (and please keep wearing the leather!), and I hope to catch you guys again very soon!

xxx

Yadira_WS said...

Thanks for writing a blog and talk about your experiences around the world Uriah!!!!

See you in Spain :) (Barcelona, Valencia & MAdrid! yeah baby!!!)

Ana B. said...

NO Macedonia on this tour I was disappointed...but I hope to see u again...maybe next tour...but I enjoy the videos on youtube and this blog here ;) Keep doing that bro!