Friday, March 14, 2008

Rehearsals- Day 1 in LA


I got to Mates rehearsal studio and set up my gear. Just Bass, drums, guitar for two days, in order to rehearse the new drummer. Well he f'n rocks. Rehearsal went great and I'm looking forward to a killer tour with my new friend, Chris Frazier!

Gear!
We are in a smaller rehearsal room until the full band gets here. You'll see my gear picture with only 2 thirds of my rig set-up. Lemme tell ya- It sounds Un-fricken-believable! Pumping such volume from multiple bass cabinets is yielding me some of the best bass tone I've ever heard. I love my Eden rig! I'm upgraded one cabinet with Tone Tubby speakers and left the other stock... for now. As for basses I'm still trying to figure out which 4 string will be the one for this tour. I use a 4 and a 5 equally on this gig. My trusty Lakland 5 string Deluxe is still gonna be my right hand man though. I've simplified my signal chain to: Two X2 Digital Wireless systems, a tuner pedal and an MXR distortion/direct box. From there the signal goes to the house and to my Eden WT800's. 
Basses in picture: Fender Mexican Reggie Hamilton with DeLano Pickups; Lakland Darryl Jones Skyline with EMG's; Lakland 55-95; 1973 Fender Jazz with Bartolini's.


Have a look at Chris' brand-spankin' new kit, courtesy of DW. They shipped it straight to the rehearsal studio.

Dougs got about half of his rig setup stage left, which included that new 6-channel Marshall head.

After checking into our hotel, Chris and I met up with Timothy (keyboards) for dinner and drinks at one of our favorite spots in the Valley- FireFly. Ahh- the hang begins!

I've got a gig tonight at the Baked Potato with Favored Nations recording artist Doug Doppler. That's all for now. Wait till you see the big room we move into when the full band gets here.
-Uriah

7 comments:

Yadira_WS said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences Uriah! :) And for the pictures! really really nice!
I hope you have a great time at the rehearsals and good luck with the shows, the Snakes are back in town!!! yeah baby!!! See you on the road mate :) maybe the spanish fans we will have the luck to enjoy a WS show again! :)

All the best babe.
Love,
Yadira.

Anonymous said...

cool pics there, UD!!
I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys groovin' the new songs this summer!!!
yeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw
frytz

Ana B. said...

Tnx for sharing your first day U-...I can't wait to read you again every day...I'm so excited for this tour again I mean that I'm more excited than before ...:))...Well welcome to new dude in WS regards to him...I hope you will have great time everywhere and will be great experience to him with WS this tour...you guys are amazing as always...regards to Timothy from me...and for all gang there...Have a safe trip...great time...crazy gigs...Rock the world!!! Hope see you somewhere if WS is not coming in Macedonia this tour...:( ...btw...new Fender Mexican better than the old one or...???
Take care and read you as always!
Kisses for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Uriah,as ever you are gracious and kind enough,to let us live through you..in experiencing all the daily happenings this tour!It means a lot,that you take the time!
Loking forward to welcoming you and the rest of the bad boys-orchestra in the UK!Get ready to celebrate 30 years of WS with us..
Wishing you well for the rehearsals,and sending you best wishes..and Blessings for the travels!Be safe.Love to you and the boys! See you in the UK..x Tiara

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing us your world, Uriah. Looking forward to the show!
xo Cindy

Ged said...

Hi Uriah..Glad you are doing a blog again this tour, it really gives a nice perspective from the inside. I love the pics from day one of rehearsals..in fact i have stolen the one with the two flightcasaes and loads of cardboard boxes for my desktop background..hope you dont mind!!
It reminds me of day one from my previous life...unwrapping all your new gear that has been sent to you and trying to pretend to the crew that you know what it does or how it works..and knowing that (thankfully)at least they do!!
Look forward to more adventures..stay safe..and enjoy every minute in Whitesnake world
Best regards....Ged

Anonymous said...

Hey Uriah, I just found this blog. Super cool! Thanks for sharing brother! Nice to see everyone's setup and Chris's kit looks cool!
Damian